Wednesday, September 26, 2012

First Post


September 24, 2012

I write this from a state prison in Arizona where I am nearly a year into a 7 1/2 year sentence.  I am posting this for several reasons:  first as a way to transcend the physical boundaries of my confinement, second as an attempt to foster awareness and understanding of the realities of the " justice system", third so that perhaps others might avoid the trials and tribulations that I continue to undergo on a daily basis, and lastly, to feel that I have a voice and a place in this world.
My story  is not pretty, nor am I particularly proud of some aspects of it.  It is not something that is easy to talk about, nor easy to read.  My chronicles, as well as my reflections, will be presented honestly and without bias, as much as is possible by an ego-attached human being, like myself.
I ask that anyone reading these words does so with an open mind and with an attempt for compassion toward an imperfect fellow human being.  I realize that this is difficult with such a sensitive and taboo subject, but I ask you to suspend your prejudices and preconceived notions when considering my words.
I've had a rather interesting and exciting life, having spent many years traveling and working my way about the globe.  I'm a loving and devoted father, and it I dedicated my heart and soul to my career as a teacher, with the intent to not only educate, but to stimulate critical an independent thinking amongst my students.
With this blog I hope to create dialogue, express my thoughts and observations, and help anyone who might be in any sort of remotely similar situation.  I want to thank my dear friend for suggesting and assistance in this endeavor.  I have no computer access so posting and responses will take some time.  I am not in an "instant access" environment!  I welcome and appreciate thoughts, feedback, and questions, but be patient please.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment